14 May 2016

Book Review: Sleepless in Manhattan by Sarah Morgan

"Great friends. Amazing Apartment. An incredible job. Paige has ticked off every box on perfect New York life checklist. Until disaster strikes and instead of shimming further up the career ladder, Paige is packing up her desk.

Her brother’s best friend Jake might be the only person who can help her put her life back together. He also happens to be the boy she spent her teen years pining after, and Paige is determined not repeat her past mistakes. But the more time she spends with Jake, the more Paige realises the one thing that was missing from her world all along: The perfect New York love story…"

Rating: 5/5

You can buy the book now.

One of the biggest highlights of my reading year is the release of a brand new Sarah Morgan novel, so when I heard there was a brand new trilogy coming, this time set in New York, I was super excited and could not wait to start reading! There is something magical about Sarah's stories, from the love story, to the characters and even the setting that works perfectly together and makes me want to devour it super quickly. This book was certainly no different, and I loved every page of it. Here's why I think this is definitely a summer must-read!

As you can tell by the title, this book is set in Manhattan and follows the lives of 3 women. Paige moved to New York years ago, and has a great job, great apartment and amazing friends in her life. But when she loses her job, her security is thrown away and she doesn't know where to turn. However, her brother and her friends have an idea - for Paige to start up her own business with those friends, Eva and Frankie. As Paige puts her plans into actions, and with the help of her brother Matt and his best friend Jake, things start look like they are picking up for everyone. But there's one secret Paige is hiding, and one that she fears can break her secluded little happy bubble apart once and for all if she were to act on it...

This story was brilliant from the very first word, and I loved every second of it. Paige was a brilliant lead character for the story, and I loved her and reading about her life. She seemed to be quite an unsure person, haunted by her heart troubles when she was a child, and scared to do anything that would upset her loved ones after the upset she put them through back then. I liked how encouraging her friends and her brother were though, keen to help her realise her own strengths and inject some self belief into her, something she really did need! In fact, her close relationship with her brother was one of my highlights for the book, it was nice to read such a close and supportive relationship between siblings, and certainly left me with a smile on my face.

The other two women in the story were great characters too. Eva was a beacon of hope, always looking on the positive side of life, always with a smile and certainly somebody that you would want to have around with you all day just to cheer you up! Frankie was more reserved, quiet and melancholy compared to Eva but the pair balance each other out nicely. I can't wait to read more of these women's stories in the next two books in the series! The final main character in the book in hunky Jake, someone Paige has been pining over for years but the pair have never acted on it. He sounds brilliant, a successful self-made millionaire, but still very down-to-earth and determined to help his friends succeed, even if they don't necessarily want his help! I loved the dynamic between Jake and Paige, you're left constantly on edge about whether they will get it on, and I was praying for them to just grow up and get together, I felt it was what they both wanted!

This was a fantastic story from the beginning right to the final word, and it makes me so excited for the second book in the series, called Sunset in Central Park which is due out on 14th July, I can't wait already! Morgan's writing flows so well, bringing to life her characters so much so that you know they will be with you long after you turn the final page. The setting of Manhattan was perfect, it's somewhere I have been lucky enough to visit twice, and I loved imagining it again as I was reading along, it came to life so clearly in my mind once more, Morgan's writing was so vivid! Paige's story is one you will definitely love, and this really has everything you need for the perfect summer read! I loved it, and can't wait for the next two stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment