30 December 2014

Festive Q&A Post 21: Sue Watson

Another Festive Q&A, and today is the turn of Sue Watson, author of the new festive eBook Snow Angels, Secrets and Christmas Cake, one of my favourite Christmas reads of this year! I'm thrilled Sue was able to answer some of my Christmas questions, and thank you very much to Sue for taking the time to answer them.

You can buy Snow Angels, Secrets and Christmas Cake as an eBook now!

Q1. Please tell me about your new festive book!

Snow Angels, Secrets and Christmas cake is a story about two very different sisters – and what happens when they have to spend a Christmas together. Tamsin is posh, wealthy and doesn’t set the table – she has ‘table-scapes,’ whereas Sam, her younger sister is happy with sprouts and a few crackers!

Q2. What do you think it is about festive books that readers love so much year after year?

I think it’s nostalgia and aspiration. We all want to love Christmas again like we did as children... the cinnamon scented air, the distant sound of reindeer bells. And as adults we want to create that perfect Christmas for our friends and family – particularly our children. I think good Christmas books are pure indulgence – they take you back to those special Christmases while imagining the one ahead.

Q3. What prompted you to write a Christmas book?

My publisher Bookouture! Actually I’ve wanted to write a Christmas book for a while, but wasn’t sure I could write two books in a year. After writing Love, Lies and Lemon Cake I decided to write a Christmas book and if I didn’t finish it in time then there’s always next year... but I just became so engrossed in the lives of the Angel Sisters and Sam’s perfect little bakery I wrote it very quickly.

Q4. Quick fire questions! What's your favourite thing about Christmas?

Christmas cake

Q5. Favourite Christmas film?

Miracle on 34th Street

Q6. Favourite Christmas song?

Silent Night (a hymn I know, but it gives me goosebumps, so atmospheric)

Q7. Favourite Christmas tradition?

Eating too much chocolate and wine and feeling sick... it’s not a good Christmas if you don’t feel sick!

Q8. What are you hoping to find under the christmas tree this year?!

A nice bottle of champagne to celebrate the good year it’s been

Q9. What's the best Christmas present you've ever been given and why?

My kindle Fire – my husband bought it as a surprise and it changed my life. I have read so much more since I got it and I can now surf the web from the comfort of my duvet!

Q10. What is up next for you?

Another 2 book year ahead – a summer book with a little dip in Spanish waters – then a glamorous cake-filled Christmas extravaganza!

No comments:

Post a Comment