7 December 2014

Festive Q&A: Day 5: Samantha Tonge

Another day in December must mean another Festive Q&A! Today I am pleased to welcome Carina author Samantha Tonge! Samantha is the author of new festive eBook 'Mistletoe Mansion' which I have on my Kindle to read. Thank you very much to Samantha for taking the time to answer my questions, please enjoy the Q&A!

You can buy Mistletoe Mansion as an eBook now!

Q1. Please tell me about your new festive book!

Mistletoe Mansion is about wannabe celebrity and cakemaker Kimmy, who is thrown out of her boyfriend’s flat after he’s had enough of her longing to achieve the celebrity lifestyle. She lands a stint housesitting in a posh cul-de-sac, with famous, wealthy neighbours and a supposed haunting! This insight into the High Life makes her question her aspirations and ultimately decide whether to return to sensible Adam or follow a more uncertain path with handyman Luke. It is a fun, lighthearted read, chock full of cake!


Q2. What do you think it is about festive books that readers love so much year after year?

I think the sparkly, very pretty covers are always a draw. Plus with dark nights closing in, it’s a great time of year to curl up with a feel-good read. In my experience, Xmas reads tend to have a cosy feel about them and they’re just what you need to accompany a glass of mulled wine and slice of Stollen!

Q3. What prompted you to write a Christmas book?

My debut book, Doubting Abbey, came out last Christmas, and I found it huge fun, as an author, to have my book coming out when so many other Christmas authors were releasing books. There is a real buzz amongst readers and bloggers on social media and it adds to my general enjoyment of the festive season – and of course, hopefully (and touch wood!) might mean reasonable sales!

Q4. Quick fire questions! What's your favourite thing about Christmas?

Watching my family open presents.

Q5. Favourite Christmas film?

It’s a Wonderful Life

Q6. Favourite Christmas song?

White Christmas sung by Bing Crosby (this tune features heavily in Mistletoe Mansion!)

Q7. Favourite Christmas tradition?

Eating out on Boxing Day – it’s nice to relax after all the cooking the day before.

Q8. What are you hoping to find under the Christmas tree this year?!

Apart from a 22 inch waist and flawless skin?! Um… Ooh, well, I keep getting tempted by Tassimo coffee-makers, but tell myself it is a luxury I can’t afford (cough, might direct husband to this blog post J )

Q9. What's the best Christmas present you've ever been given and why?

Ooh, this is a hard one… Probably something from my kids, that’s always special. And I love curling up Xmas afternoon with a trashy magazine and nibbles I’ve been given.

Q10. What is up next for you?

Er, good question – I have two ideas I love for my next novel, but can’t decide which to choose!

Thank you so much Samantha!

No comments:

Post a Comment