5 December 2014

Festive Q&A: Day 3: Kate Forster

Welcome to Day 3 of my Festive Q&A with a selection of some of the best chick lit authors out there! Today I am pleased to welcome the lovely Kate Forster to my blog, she's the author of new festive eBook The Perfect Christmas. Check out the interview, my thanks go to Kate for taking the time to answer my questions, please enjoy!

You can buy The Perfect Christmas as an eBook now!

Q1. Please tell me about your new festive eBook!

The Perfect Christmas is a prequel to Picture Perfect, my new book which will be out in the UK in April 2015.

It's about two best friends, one is a famous actress and the other, her manager, who are both at a crossroads in their life. Desperate to escape Los Angeles they flee to London for Christmas. From there they take London by storm and do all manner of Christmas activities, including acting as cupids for a couple of lovelorn strangers. No other city does Christmas like London and it's extraordinarily exciting to be a part of it, regardless of your beliefs. There is just so much joy and good energy in the air.

Q2. What do you think it is about festive books that readers love so much year after year?

Christmas books remind people about love and family and the importance of tradition. Each family has their own peculiar traditions about food, presents and even the way a tree is decorated.  To read about these unique traits in books allows people to see themselves in the stories and it certainly gets you inspired if you're a Christmas addict like I am.

Q3. What prompted you to write a Christmas book?

I've never written one, and my editor suggested I have a go and once I started it poured out of me like egg nog- sweet and moreish. I really want to write a full length Christmas novel once day. I will have to put that on the  to-do list as I am busy with so many stories right now.

Q4. Quick fire questions! What's your favourite thing about Christmas?

The smell of the pine christmas tree and the ever-growing collection of presents collecting under its branches. Also the happiness in the air, it's quite catching.

Q5. Favourite christmas film?

Elf, with Will Ferrell always makes me laugh and the remake of Miracle of 34th Street, because it's so beautifully styled.

Q6. Favourite christmas song?

O Holy Night. The chorus makes my eyes prick with tears.

Q7. Favourite christmas tradition?

The nap after Christmas lunch when I'm in a food coma and little bit tipsy.

Q8. What are you hoping to find under the christmas tree this year?!

A present for my father who has been very ill. I'm praying he will see another Christmas with us.

Q9. What's the best Christmas present you've ever been given and why?

A kindle! It's the greatest addition to a book addicts life. I download and there the story is for me to inhale. It's a lovely gadget.

Q10. What is up next for you?

Picture Perfect, which will be out in April, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment