1 December 2011

My Favourite Christmas... by Trisha Ashley


My new 2011 Christmas feature kicks off today with the lovely Trisha Ashley, author of new festive novel 'The Magic of Christmas'. I've asked lots of authors to write something about their favourite Christmas, and I've been lucky to have a great response. So I kick off today with Trisha, I hope you enjoy the feature!

I often seem to be writing Christmas books in summer time, but it doesn’t stop me enjoying the whole run up to the actual event.  I love Christmas!  I’ve already made two Christmas cakes and have the dried fruit soaking in dark rum at this very moment for two more.  Soon I will be baking and freezing mincepies too and making mincemeat flapjacks (recipe in the back of The Magic of Christmas – dead easy!)

There’s always a magical moment on Christmas Eve when the house is clean, decorated and scented with pine, spices and anticipation.  You have enough food and drink to withstand a small siege, an excitingly-wrapped heap of presents (and giving is so much more fun than receiving, isn’t it?), and your loved ones have arrived safely home.

Bliss.

Then it’s time to chill out with a glass off whatever takes your fancy and watch Love Actually – that’s a must.

This year I have just moved house and still have the edits of the new book, Chocolate Shoes and Wedding Blues, to finish before I can unpack – so my Christmas wish is to excavate the dining table from under the boxes and have at least one room totally sorted out.  I do know where the tree and decorations are, though!

I wish you all a happy and peaceful Christmas, with lots of good reading!

You can find me on Twitter @trishaashley and I also have a Facebook fanpage.  If you visit my website at www.trishaashley.com, you can write in my guestbook, join the newsletter group or email me – and you will also find me on Youtube, talking about writing!



You can buy Trisha's latest Christmas novel The Magic of Christmas in paperback and on eBook/Kindle now.

No comments:

Post a Comment