20 December 2011

My Favourite Christmas... by Talli Roland

Welcome back to my Christmas 2011 feature! As you know, I've asked lots of authors to write something about their favourite Christmas, and I've been lucky to have a great response. Today, I have the pleasure of welcoming the fab Talli Roland!

Christmas. Well, what’s not to like? You’ve got food, you’ve got wine, you’ve got live greenery indoors . . . it’s all good, as far as I’m concerned.

Growing up in Canada, one of my favourite parts of the festive season was going into the forest to cut down the Christmas tree. Wrapped up so tightly we could hardly move, my family would tramp through knee-deep snow in an effort to find the perfect one. However, I quickly learned that Nova Scotia woods usually produce lopsided, scraggly specimens that are so packed together, they must fight for light. Needless to say, our trees were never ideal, but that was all part of the fun. After loading it with tinsel and decorations, it was just about passable.

It’s never a real Canadian Christmas without snow. Although I’m a firm snow-hater, I can’t deny its magical impact at Christmastime. One Christmas Eve, the snow started drifting down from the sky in those big, fat flakes that look like they’ve been sculpted. Soon, everything was covered in a white blanket. It was a wonderful prelude to Christmas.

My favourite Christmas Day activity is curling up in front of the fire with a brand new book to read. As the scent of roasting turkey drifts through the air, there’s really nothing better than that cozy, warm feeling.  Ahhhh . . . I can’t wait.

And, of course, it wouldn’t be Christmas without mulled wine. Spicy, steamy and oh-so-easy to drink. It just adds to the warm glow inside!


Talli Roland has three loves in her life: chick lit, coffee and wine. Born and raised in Canada, Talli now lives in London, where she savours the great cultural life (coffee and wine). Her debut novel, The Hating Game, was an Amazon Top 100 bestseller and shortlisted for Best Romantic Read at the UK’s Festival of Romance, and her second, Watching Willow Watts, was selected as a 2011 Amazon Customer Favourite. Build A Man is her latest release. Talli blogs here and can be found on Twitter here.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for hosting me, Chloe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh you set such a perfect christmas scene. I can not wait for the big day! A chance to relax and spend quality time with family..what could be better! :D

    ReplyDelete